Natural News by Julie Wilson December 14, 2015
(Natural News) by Julie Wilson Spring is finally here and summer is just around the corner, meaning you may find yourself with the daunting task of putting on a bikini. While baring it all after a long winter is something that many of us dread, it doesn't have to be.
By eating the following 10 low-calorie foods, you can increase your chances of slimming down, helping you build the confidence you need and desire.
Fortunately, some delicious foods have negative calories, meaning your body actually burns more calories digesting them than they contain.
Thanks to the Food Rising revolution, you can grow many of these foods yourself in a clean way and expensive way.
Did you know that 100 grams of cauliflower contains only 25 calories? Containing no fat, cauliflower helps prevent weight gain and diabetes. Its nutritious properties also offer protection against prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers.
Full of water, cucumbers make a refreshing summer snack and are full of vitamin B. About 16 calories exist in 100g of cucumbers.
Consisting of 95 percent water, cucumbers hydrate the body while eliminating toxins. They also aid in digestion, an important tool for losing weight.
Incredibly tasty when grilled or steamed, asparagus contains only 20 calories per 100g. This superfood contains no fat and is high in vitamin K and folate. Vitamin K helps prevent blood clots, while asparagine, an amino acid found in asparagus, helps insulin do its job transporting glucose, reports LiveScience.com.
Similar to cucumbers, celery is extremely high in water content, allowing the body to burn more calories digesting than they actually contain. About 75 percent of celery is water, while the other 25 percent is fiber.
Only 16 calories exist in 100g of celery! Load it up with some peanut butter and it's still an extremely health snack.
High in lycopene due to their richly red-pigmented skin, tomatoes are extremely low in calories and are packed with health benefits. Tomatoes contain just 18 calories per 100g.
Their antioxidant properties are great for your health, as they lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
6. Lean, low-calorie meats
While not entirely a negative-calorie food, lean meats such as pork, turkey and chicken are very high in protein, which forces the digestive system to work harder and temporarily boosts your metabolic rate, helping you burn more calories, reports the Daily Mail.
Since the body requires more energy to digest meat proteins than say, carbohydrates, strictly eating lean meat can really make a difference when it comes to shedding those extra pounds.
More protein in the diet also helps you feel fuller for longer periods of time.
Rich in vitamin C and great for your joints, papaya contains just 43 calories per 100g. This exotic fruit is also a good source of fiber, which helps combat constipation and high cholesterol.
Not only do chilies give you that enjoyable burning sensation when you eat them, but they also speed up your metabolism, making them one of the best calorie-burning foods.
Chilies contain about 40 calories per 100g.
Green apples, in particular, are low in calorie content, containing about 52 calories per 100g. Higher in acid than other apples, Granny Smith apples can weaken tooth enamel, so be cautious and dilute the acidic apple juice with a glass of pure water.
While not exactly a zero-calorie food, green apples are great for weight loss, because their rich dietary fibers induce satiety.
One cup of plain-brewed black coffee contains only two calories, making it a guilt-free indulgence for early mornings.
Described as one of the "best weight-loss add-ons" by the Daily Mail, black coffee is great for burning fat for energy and also helps reduce cravings.
To See this article on Natural News click on Natural News above. Reposted with permission from Natural News.
Natural News is a science-based natural health advocacy organization led by activist-turned-scientist Mike Adams, the Health Ranger.
The key mission of Natural News is to empower consumers with factual information about the synthetic chemicals, heavy metals, hormone disruptors and other chemicals found in foods, medicines, personal care products, children's toys and other items.
Natural News covers holistic health, nutritional therapies, consciousness and spirituality, permaculture , organics, animal rights, environmental health, food and superfoods , and performance nutrition.
The site strongly criticizes drugs-and-surgery medicine, vaccines, corporate corruption, animal testing, the use of humans for medical experiments, the chemical contamination of foods, heavy metals in consumer products, factory farming and government corruption.
Copyright © 2009-2018 All Rights Reserved GETMASSAGESMART.COM